Your 30 minute initial examination appointment is COMPLIMENTARY and includes diagnostic photographs that will be taken of the face and teeth. Dr. Payne will conduct a comprehensive clinical evaluation to determine if this is the right time to begin treatment, or whether treatment should wait for further growth and dental development to occur.
During the initial examination for each patient, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
If treatment is indicated, we will provide you with the complete information about the nature of the orthodontic problem and the approximate length of time for the recommended treatment. We’ll also be happy to review the financial aspect of your care. While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address the individual needs of each patient, after careful analysis of diagnostic records; consisting of special orthodontic radiographs, 3D facial photos and digital models. After the records are prepared, Dr. Payne will detail the individualized treatment plan and review with you at a separate consultation appointment.
Appointment Confirmation Reminder system Lighthouse 360
Lighthouse 360 uses a more effective way of reminding our patients about their scheduled appointments using email and text messaging confirmation reminders. Please provide us with a current email address and cell phone number.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of the diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyze each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, time frames and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.