Meet Dr. Payne
Dr. Brian W. Payne has been practicing orthodontics since 1988. He received his undergraduate degree at UC Berkeley, graduating magna cum laude with a degree in biology. He went on to receive his dental degree from University of the Pacific, Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry and his certificate in Orthodontics from UC San Francisco.
In addition to his over 25 years in private practice, Dr. Payne taught clinical orthodontics at UCSF Dental School for eight years. He is involved in his community as well as many professional organizations.
Dr. Payne's involvement in professional organizations includes:
- President - Elect/Program Chairman of the Northern California Edward H Angle Society of Orthodontists
- Program Chairman of the Pacific Coast Society of Orthodontists
- Legislative Committee Member of the California Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Member of the California Dental Association
- Past President of the Redwood Empire Dental Society
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of the Peninsula Orthodontic Research Group
- Member of Omicron Kappa Upsilon, a National Dental Honor Society
- Member of Tau Kappa Omicron, a University of Pacific Dental School Honor Society
- Regional Peer Review Consultant for Delta Dental Insurance
Dr. Payne's involvement in the local community includes:
- Leadership Santa Rosa Class of 23
- California Children Services Orthodontic Screening Panel
- Orthodontic Care Provider for Hanna Boys Center
- Past Member of Active 20-30 International
- Co-Chairman of the Santa Rosa Junior College fundraising campaign for the George S. Payne Dental Wing - Raising over $300,000 for upgrading digital technology in the dental clinic.
Dr. Brian Payne is married to Dr. Leslie Jue, a general dentist in Santa Rosa. They have two children, Jacqueline and Matthew. Dr. Payne enjoys spending time with his family, playing tennis, snow skiing and backpacking.